- Nigeria became the first African nation to have featured in the FIFA Women’s World Cup
knockout stage on three occasions.
- Nigeria are the first African team to have contested a penalty shoot-out at the finals.
- TheSuper Falcons recorded a clean sheet in three of their four matches at the FIFA Women’s
World Cup Australia & New Zealand 2023. They had only registered three shutouts in 26 FIFA
Women’s World Cup matches prior to this tournament.
- There have now been 1,055 goals scored in the history of the competition and 138 goals at the
- England have now reached the quarter-finals in each of their six FIFA Women’s World Cup
- England had scored in a record 16 successive FIFA Women’s World Cup matches prior to this
- England have now beaten African opposition at the round-of-16 stage in consecutive editions
of the tournament (W 3-0 v. Cameroon in 2019).
- This was England defender Lucy Bronze’s 17th FIFA Women’s World Cup outing, moving her
into joint-second place on the country’s all-time appearance list at the finals, alongside Karen
Only Jill Scott (21) has played more matches for the nation in the competition.
- This was theLionesses’ first penalty shoot-out victory in FIFA Women’s World Cup history.
- Their only previous shoot-out was a 4-3 quarter-final defeat to France at the 2011 edition of the
England have kept seven clean sheets in their last ten FIFA Women’s World Cup matches.